According to the City of Toronto’s website, a homeowner can make payment for their building permits via a variety of methods. Building Permit Fees may be paid by cash, cheque, debit card, Visa or MasterCard.
- Payment by Visa, MasterCard or Amex is limited to a maximum of $20,000.00. Any balance of payment may be paid by cash, cheque, or debit card
- Payment by personal or company cheque that is less than $2,000.00 must be certified.
- Payment of any applicable Parkland Dedication, Development Charges, Educational Development Charges, or Planning Benefits, including other development-related fees, must be made in person and paid by certified cheque only.
- All cheques are to be made payable to: “The Treasurer – City of Toronto.”
- No permit will be issued until all fees are paid. However, for projects with fees greater than $20,000, a partial permit for excavation and shoring may be issued if the required deposit is made on the building permit fee.